In one of the most interesting cultural complexes of the lagoon city, Palazzo Querini Stampalia, is located the homonymous Foundation desired in 1868 by Count Giovanni, where there are set up the Library, the Museum and an area for temporary exhibitions. The Library, of a general nature, is open until late at night and on holidays, while in the Museum of environment 18th century and neoclassical furniture, porcelains, sculptures, globes and paintings from the 14th to the 20th century, mostly from the Venetian school, handed down the atmosphere of the patrician residence. Among the works on display are paintings by Giovanni Bellini, Jacopo Palma il Vecchio and the Younger, Bernardo Strozzi, Marco and Sebastiano Ricci and Giambattista Tiepolo, Pietro Longhi and Gabriel Bella. On the ground floor of the sixteenth-century building stand the area restored in 1963 by Carlo Scarpa, defined as the most cultured and aristocratic architecture of the Italian twentieth century, and recent works by Valeriano Pastor and Mario Botta, which define the profound renovation of the building. Investing in culture is the mission of the Foundation, which proposes itself as a place of cultural production based on the study and enhancement of its historical and museum heritage and on the careful reflection to grasp the most advanced proposals of modernity. An intense program of educational activities proposes to new audiences always new keys to read the Museum, the Library, the exhibitions and the architecture of the Palace itself, through workshops and educational paths.